Powered by Blogger.

Transfer 6 Begins

Alright everyone, buckle your seatbelts and enjoy the ride.

Tuesday Elder Shenkal we had the great opportunity of pruning a tree for the Pettitt's. I had no idea how to prune a tree, good thing Elder Shenkal because he got right to business and was up 20 feet in the tree cutting branches from sketchy places in no time. Now me on the other hand. It took me about 15 minutes to get in the tree and then I was too petrified to move higher on the branch I was on, so I sat there for another 10 minutes. Eventually I got over my fear of dying and got to business and in no time at all I was up 20 feet in the air as well. We had a fun time and I know how to prune a tree now. 

Wednesday we did more service for the family Chesnel and we helped him build the Great Wall of France...in his backyard. We were able to finish his wall and he was very grateful. We ate lunch at his house first and then began work. We went for most of the day. Rendering service to others is super fun and I enjoy all the opportunities we get to do it. 

Thursday was wild and weird. We were having exchanges with some elders in our district and we get a text early in the morning from President Sorenson who says he wants to come to our area and go contacting with us. It was super fun. He showed up around 3pm and he went out with me and Elder Brown. It was pretty cool because President wasn't really in mission president mode, he was in Missionary mode. He spoke to everyone and did it in a natural way and we saw a lot of success from it. I was really inspired by how comfortable and natural he made missionary work look. We also went to an old investigators house and they let us in. President was super sweet in the lesson and he taught super well. It was one of the coolest experiences of my mission. Not many people get to say that they went contacting with their Mission President. 

As for the rest of the week, not much happened. Saturday night we went out to Buffalo Grill and got steaks for Elder Seymour's birthday (One of the Elder's who lives in the apartment). Transfer Six also started, I'm staying in Cergy with Elder Shenkal.

I don't testify enough in these emails, so I'll finish with my testimony of the Atonement. 

I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is the redeemer of all mankind. He suffered and was crucified for us. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can all become clean, we can all improve, we can all become who God intended us to become. The atonement of Jesus Christ knows no bounds and can be reached by everyone. Pray to your Father in Heaven and ask him to feel the redeeming power of Christ's atonement in your life. Then have faith, trust in the Lord and go to work becoming a better disciple of Christ. We can all do it as we walk side by side with Christ. 

Much Love,
Elder Molinari

No comments