Powered by Blogger.

LATE EMAIL


Hello everyone

Sorry I didn't have any time yesterday to write and today I am stressed for time as well. I am writing this quickly while we are traveling into Paris and I can't really recollect everything that happened the past week; so I will just explain a lesson we had with Paula and what happened yesterday.

Yesterday we received the transfer news and I found out I am staying in Cergy. Unfortunately both Elder's Shenkal (my companion) and Seymour are leaving. Elder Shenkal is going to finish his mission in Dunkerque and Elder Seymour is going to Strasburg. I will be receiving a transfer 5 missionary who is coming out of his starting city and Elder Hidalgo is receiving a transfer 4 missionary from his starting city as well. I am a little nervous. Mostly because I'm the senior companion and now have the responsibility that comes with that. I still struggle quite a bit with my comprehension of French, so this will be quite the refiners fire during lessons. This is my chance to really break out of my shell and open my mouth, so I am excited and scared at the same time. I know that there will be a lot of prayers coming from me these next few weeks as I try to be the best example I can be. When it comes to this situation and missionary work, all I can say is that I will not leaning on my own understanding, I will be leaning on the Lord. I know as I am obedient and trust in the Lord, then he will qualify me for this great calling. 

Most of yesterday was spent moving some people around in Paris and visiting members. We had lunch with a member named Mana, who has been a complete blessing for our lessons with Paula. Then we spent the evening with the family Pettitt and the young adults. It was a very fun day and very tiring as well. 

Our lesson with Paula this week was on Thursday - I think - and it went great! We had prepared a lesson for her and felt inspired to extend the baptismal invitation. So we went and taught her with Paula and Sister Chesnal and as we were beginning the lesson, Paula asked us a few questions about the restoration and so we decided to answer those questions! In doing that, the entire lesson was changed and we were teaching her, not a lesson. We never even brought up the lesson we had planned. It was a highly effective lesson and was tailored to her needs. We didn't actually get the opportunity to extend the baptismal invitation, but we will next time! The next lesson is actually tomorrow, it will be great! Paula is progressing and learning very well, it is really cool to see her learn and to recognize the spirit in her life. 

Merry Christmas Everyone! I love you all, enjoy this special time of years with your families and don't forget the true meaning behind Christmas - our Savior's birth! 

Love you all,
Elder Molinari

No comments