Powered by Blogger.

"All men should have charity"

Their musical number



Salut mes amis,

Tuesday was a day to be remembered for me. You must be wondering why, what could be so important that would make Elder Molinari start his weekly with it? You could be thinking any number of things, but after 9 months on a mission, on Tuesday, I stepped in my first dog poop - on accident. I forgot about that, glad I remembered for the weekly. Some cool events transpired this week and of course I’m here to provide the juicy details!

On Thursday this week we had a lesson with a new investigator that was referred to us by our good friends Buki and Rejoice. Her name is Gaelle and she is awesome. She attended the baptism of Buki and Rejoice’s daughter, Holly, and came to church the next day; she accepted the invitation to be taught by the missionaries.
Well on Thursday we had our second lesson with her and we decided to teach the Restoration. We had two of the Young Adults with us, which is always a blessing because it is so much easier for a native speaker to explain something than for us Americans! I am trying to open my mouth more and during this lesson I was really trying to focus on what Gaelle was saying and contribute when I felt any sort of prompting. By the end of the lesson I was pretty into the lesson and I could tell she was as well. It was my job to finish up the Restoration with the Joseph Smith story, so I began speaking and had her read the First Vision. Then I bore a testimony about the truthfulness of everything we had taught her, the words just flowed off my tongue without me giving any thought to what I wanted to say. When I concluded she whispered a quiet “Merci.” This response to a testimony is always a confirmation to me that they felt the spirit. That for a moment they remembered who they really are, a child of God!

Friday we were invited to the Family Rochet (pronounced Roh-shay). They are an elderly couple who are super nice. I started talking with Brother Rochet and he mentioned how he used to be a fireman! I have always wanted to be a fireman, so this was very exciting for me, and we had a great conversation about his service. I asked what color his helmet was and he said Silver! And as we all know, a silver helmet is the coolest and also means you are Chief! Yes, indeed he was the chief fireman and after he told me that he got up quickly and went and grabbed this neat little trophy he had been given for serving as chief and a firefighter for so long. It was super cool, really enjoyed it. I love hearing the stories from the old days. They fed us this incredible meal! The appetizer was salad, oysters, fruit/cheese kebabs, pigs in a blanket, these cheese cremepuff things, and little blocks of cheese - wow so good already! After that Sister Rochet brought out these huge, probably half pound, steaks, with potatoes and roasted chestnuts- wowee. I was so stuffed I couldn’t finish the meal, I felt so bad, but I was so full and so was everyone else. Then she brought out this homemade cake that she made us all think was from a patisserie store. They are so kind to us and are a true example of service.

Elder Molinari thought it didn't snow in France!
Saturday we had our Ward Party and our investigator Paula said she was going to come with her daughter. The plan was for us to go pick them up and bring them to the church. But right as we were about to leave Paula called and told us her daughter had a fever and she wasn’t sure if they could make it to the party. We said we would come and meet her either way and give her daughter a blessing. So we went and administered a blessing of healing and Paula decided they could probably go. So we took the train to a station and had a member come and pick us up. Worked perfectly and we had already set up a ride home for Paula and her daughter.
The ward party was fun and Paula and her daughter had a fun time. The missionaries performed a musical number with a member and it was...interesting. We had a great time and I was super happy that Paula could make it. The member who brought her home even offered to drive her to church next Sunday, so we am super happy about that!

Missions are so exhausting, in a way that can only be explained if you have experienced it, but I know this is where I am supposed to be and am glad to be here - even if it is hard! Nothing can replace the experience of seeing and giving others the chance to accept the Gospel.

Much Love,
Elder Molinari

No comments