Powered by Blogger.

Better Late than Never

Hello Everyone,

I recently finished remaking my resume and under the "skills" section I was honest enough not to put "Time Management" on there - better to have a weekly than to not have one!

Well, I have some exciting news to tell you all! Dorcas passed her baptismal interview and will be baptized THIS Saturday!! We are so excited for her and very proud of her, since being baptized and confirmed was her choice and not the choice of anyone else. I have had the privilege to watch her receive a testimony and consequently a conversion to the Gospel and I have seen the difference in her as she has grown in truth and knowledge. She has been blessed with the gift of Charity and is constantly giving to others. It is wonderful to be able to see her enter the waters of baptism and be confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

Yesterday she called me and asked if I would be willing to baptize her, after a positive response, I thanked her for the honor of having this opportunity. She has a lot of hair on her head, so I will have to make sure it all gets under! We are also going to video chat in my last companion, Elder Lloyd, all the way from Idaho because he played a massive role in helping her progress. We are all very grateful to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. From the first contact with missionaries eighteen years ago to now, the Lord knows how to do his own work and he makes sure that it all works out in the end.

Sunday we had Stake Conference in Lille. A member brought us and one of the people we are teaching to the conference. Gildas, the person we are teaching, recently moved to Amiens and has been progressing very well. He is a student and comes from a small country in West Africa. He was found and taught by other missionaries and remembered a lot about what he had learned. He  is going to pray about when he feels he should be baptized and confirmed. He has now seen General Conference and Stake conference (which had a visiting seventy speak) and has had strong spiritual experiences from both!

The work is moving along! There wasn't really anything incredible this week. We have been doing a lot of finding recently and made goals to get work moving here. The work is very tiring and I am very tired, but I know that the Lord will, and does, multiply my efforts each day.

I recently have started, without being aware of it, to try and find common ground with others and then have normal conversations with others. If the Gospel comes up, it comes up, but so far it has come up basically every time because it is kind of hard to not notice the plaque and the suit. The conversations have had so much more meaning and value to them. I don't simply feel like I am selling the Gospel, I feel like I am trying to be their friend. This new approach has resulted in some very nice conversations! I also have enjoyed smiling and waving at everyone. This can usually end up with you looking like a fool, or you can really make someone's day -  try it yourself!

Love you all, see you next week!

Elder Molinari

Pictures ;)

Elder Ellsworth and I visited the Cathedral and took a few photos during our finding sessions.




also the big building is where we had Stake Conference!






No comments