Powered by Blogger.

As One Speaking From the Dust

Nous avec un membre
Hey,

You might be wondering why I didn’t write last week. Simply stated, I had no desire to write last week - sorry - I am back now though! We had had a pretty hard week and Monday was the culmination of a lot of stress and other thoughts I was having. I needed to work all of that out myself and so I put myself in a type of isolation. I’m not sure if my ironic isolation makes any sense, since I am already far away and it may have come off as a little selfish of me to not write; but sometimes you just need to take a minute to yourself - I feel much better now! Imagine it as my figurative camping trip into the mountains to escape the world for a weekend!

This week went really well and I feel like Elder Lloyd and I are finally making headway in our branch. We have been helping one of the members move out of his house basically the entire week and it has been stressful on them since they need to be out of their house by Wednesday - this week - and the house is still full. Elder Lloyd and I are sacrificing our p-day to help them move all day today. They haven’t even found a place to move into yet, it is a long story, but they have faith it will all work out. They gave me a bunch of old legos and that made me pretty excited. They have all the old Alien, Knight, Western, and space sets from the late 90’s and I was in heaven looking through all of those. Haven’t found the time to build any of the sets yet…

We were also able to visit our Branch President this week with the same member previously mentioned. Our Branch President lives about seventy minutes away from Amiens by car, so it isn’t always easy to make it out there! In fact, I think we have been some of the first missionaries, in a long time, to visit his home. We spent a long time there, but it was great!! I think our relationship with him has skyrocketed. We were cracking jokes, he showed us around his house, fed us a really really good meal, and we got some great work done. We categorized all of the inactive members into groups by neighborhood and assigned the appropriate active members to contacting the chosen groups. We are going to hand them all out next Sunday. We also planned our special Sacrament Meeting for the 23rd of September. It is pretty nice being a missionary, you get to work closely with our leaders, see how the ward/branch is run, and since everyone thinks you have all Gospel knowledge, they really listen to your opinion - it is great!
We had a very successful moment with them; boy did I have a french headache after that day though, I don’t think those will ever cease to plague me!

We also had lunch with a member who lives about eighty minutes out of Amiens as well. He took a train into town to teach with us, but went to the missionaries old apartment because he hasn’t taught with missionaries in over three years! Missionaries… please teach with the legendary members you have in your wards/branches; they aren’t sand, you don’t need to hate them, ahh bad star wars jokes… Yes, well we had a really nice time with him and he speaks english as well, so that always makes everything so much nicer! We had an all you can eat chinese buffet - just imagine an Italian kissing their fingers and opening up their hand if you want to know how good it was.

I realized I never talk about the people we teach… Well, our ami Dorcas, after not wanting to commit to a baptismal date, randomly told us she received an answer to her prayers and figured out the Church is true, so she is now on date for the 29th of September. We are excited for her, but we are a little nervous she wants to be baptized to please everyone rather than because she received her own testimony. I’ll keep you posted on that one because Elder Lloyd and I both felt off when she announced her big news to us and it is just 100% against my morals, and his, to baptize someone who isn’t actually ready. In the Lord’s time, not mine.

What else? I never told you about my companion apparently. His name is Micah Lloyd, he hails from Idaho. He likes potatoes, cooks very well (Bless his heart), and is in his last transfer. We were in the same district while I was in Belgium, so we already knew each other, but we have gotten to know each other even better now. I also lived in a four man apartment with three of his previous companions and my old companion Elder Peel is serving with his companion that he was with while in Belgium. He sings nonstop… like, when I say nonstop I mean NONSTOP - we sing together though, so it is fine. He is also trying to convince me to attend BYU Idaho, but if you know anything about me, I can not make a decision, thus still have no idea where I am going... I’ll figure it out later. I did figure out what I would like to do as a career, but that is another story and I am just rambling now - good to have me back huh?

Alright, I will cut it now.  ←- Comedy gold.

See you next week ;)

Elda Molinari, the Italian Stallion.

 
Le 21 jour pour le Livre de Mormon

No comments