Powered by Blogger.

OPEN for your updates from France

Hello 

For some reason Tuesday and Wednesday are not in my journal and because of that I have virtually no recollection of what transpired on said days. That was a lie, I just realized my Wednesday entry was with my Thursday. No idea what happened on Tuesday, sorry!

Wednesday was a great day actually! Elder Taylor and I had dinner at a members house, Nicolas Bourroux and his family. They are a trilingual family, so he speaks to me in French and English, not Spanish - thankfully. We had lasagna again, which I am completely fine with because lasagna is super good and, I'm Italian. I showed Nicolas and his wife the picture of me from 10th grade and his wife exclaimed "c'est pas possible!" I thought it was hilarious. That was a really fun night. 

Thursday was minorly stressful for me. We had district meeting, great meeting, and got to see Elder Leavitt and Elder Thelemaque! Now the event, so to speak, that I was giving me a little anxiety was giving a blessing in french. So, Elder Taylor and I went to the house of the souer's ami, who is being baptized, and gave her two daughters blessings. I even had to use the Tu form of french instead of the Vous form because the girl was pretty young. The blessing went surprisingly well. It was a unique experience because I knew completely that I would butcher that blessing if I wasn't fully relying on the spirit to help me. I gave all of my trust to Lord and relied fully on him. It was a very humbling experience because I was able to deliver the blessing and only made one tiny mistake in the entire blessing. 

Friday we taught our new ami, Tito, who is from Liberia. He exposed political corruption in his town and was beaten with sticks and as a result of that beating his hip was broken. He was brought to France by the government and is now living here. He met missionaries before, so he was more than happy to meet with us when I contacted him. We taught him the restoration and he said it really made sense to him. Funny little note, I felt like such a preach my gospel missionary when we were finishing the lesson and I asked him, as he continues to take the lessons and receive a testimony for himself of this gospel, if he would like to be baptized by someone holding the proper priesthood authority. He accepted the soft invite. Super awesome!

Saturday we went to Cherbourg so that Elder Taylor could do a baptismal interview. Elder Leavitt and I went to a rendez-vous, but they never showed up. It was great being able to just talk with him for a while though. 

Sunday we had church and I accidentally fell asleep in sacrament meeting. I repented. It was so hot. Even the ward members were taking their jackets off, which is saying something because I had this theory that the French didn't feel heat, it was that hot. But Nicolas was quick to make fun of me falling asleep, he's a great guy.

I'm loving life here in France. The mission is really tough and I have already learned so many lessons. I'm glad that I came to the realization this week that even though I am reluctant to contact sometimes, I am still happy. I'm trying to really find immense joy in the work still, but I am happy and that was a very important realization for me. I can honestly say I wouldn't trade this experience for anything else right now. I get to share the gospel with others and see that hope, which comes from it, change their lives. This is such an incredible work and even though I might not being seeing tons of success right now, I still love every moment.

See you all next week,

Elder Molinari out.

No comments