Powered by Blogger.

Week Two of September



Salut,

Tuesday was a sweet day- we went porting all day and had a great lesson with our investigator, Maud. We taught her the law of tithing and she went from saying she wouldn't be able to pay it, to saying she probably could and would pray about it. She will be retired by the time she is baptized though, I'm not even sure if retired people have to pay tithing??

Wednesday we went porting again, some lady told us we could come back at another time, so we are going to go back this week, see if how interested she really is! 
We walked by a house that had an actual bell as their doorbell, Elder Taylor didn't want to ring it, (I didn't either for that matter, but I grabbed the bell and rang it! The woman wasn't interested, but she was pretty amused and surprised that we had rang her bell.

We had Zone Conference on Thursday! President gave a formation on his goals for the mission, I actually respect his goals. He has his standards of excellence, but he made it clear that baptism is not the main focus. If we are working hard and no baptisms come, then we are still being good missionaries. Success isn't measured by how many baptisms you have. 
The Sister Training Leaders and Zone Leaders gave formations, which were pretty good. The Zone Leader's formation was about doing member missionary work and finding investigators through them and the Sisters did a formation on stress management. 

In my interview with President he told me I need to practice teach at least five members a week. This is because in my entire mission so far, I haven't taught the Restoration, or the Plan of Salvation, or the Gospel of Jesus Christ in French. All of our amis have been English speaking and any of our French amis have already had the lesson taught to them multiple times. I've set up a few short 30 minute lessons this week so that I can practice the lessons. 

Saturday we went and did service for the LeCaviliers. Their daughter jumped on their bed and broke it, so they needed help bringing the new bed to their house. That took most of the day, but was way worth because service is so fun! They bought the bed at Ikea and then for lunch we had swedish meatballs, was way good.

I forgot Friday! Friday was sweet, we had a lunch appointment with the LeFoyer's and I got into a debate with Brother Lefoyer on who knows more about the Beatles. I could have won, but I have a hard time understanding him. I'll rematch him later.
Later that day Elder Taylor and I went porting! It was POURING rain,  I mean POURING rain. You've never seen rain until you come to Normandy. My shoes were completely soaked, felt like I was walking in a pool with shoes on. Elder Taylor doesn't have an umbrella, so he was 100% soaked - but we knocked on doors any way! 
So we knocked on this one door and met this young guy named Yassine. He is a non practicing Islam who is very interested in religion. He let us in and we gave him the first discussion, he was very happy to take a restoration pamphlet and our card. So hopefully he calls us back and we can go meet him again. 

Not much else has happened this week, Don't really have any crazy  spiritual thoughts this week, so I will just leave you with my testimony.

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's restored church on the earth. I know that if you follow the teachings contained in the Gospel, then you will find happiness beyond measure in your life and you will know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are really there and want us to return to live with them some day. I am grateful for the blessing I have to share the gospel with others and see this joy enter into their lives as they repent and draw closer to their father in Heaven. The Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ, Thomas S. Monson is the prophet on the earth today, the work is true and I love the work. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

See you all next week!

Elder Molinari


A member took us to the American cemetery again today, the first photo is of the artificial port made during wwll.








No comments