Powered by Blogger.

La semaine dernière

How are you going everyone?

This week was so tiring, holy smokes, I almost didn’t make it. We did so much service this week - I love it.

I put Elder Bell right to work, and now within his first week, we have taught multiple lessons, found a new investigator, visited countless members houses, and done service three days in a row!

I am also excited to announce that our friend, Stephanie, will be baptized this Saturday!!! We are going to finish the lessons tonight and then she will be interviewed Wednesdayand baptism on Saturday. I am so happy to see her make this covenant with her Father in Heaven. It has been quite an honor to see her progression over these few months, and to see her now enter into a covenant with God. I am very happy for her and I know Heavenly Father is as well. She quit coffee and tea without any issue, she accepted the law of tithing without flinching, she even had to end a relationship because of her new found faith in Christ. The Lord knows his people, and prepares a way for each of them.

We had a great fireside this past Friday night. The Elder’s Quorum President asked us to prepare the discussion - which would be approximately 45 minutes. So we took a few hours Friday afternoon trying to figure out a really fun idea to teach about Christ’s atonement. We finally came up with something, went to the fireside, and waited for people to show up. Only about 13 people showed up, so the Elder’s Quorum President said we would just watch the Bible videos and we would direct the discussion after the videos. So, all that planning was put to waste, but it was ok because we had some really good discussions. It was super interactive and everyone participated - even I spoke a lot! It was a fun fireside with the ward members.

Thursday we went and mowed Brother Scheen’s lawn for him. He is an older member, who can’t bend over too much anymore, so he needed help with mowing his lawn. Elder Bell was kind enough to do that, so I just talked with Frere Scheen. He was the first Stake President of Belgium! His first counselor’s son is now the Stake president! The stake was organized by Thomas S. Monson and back in those days, the stake presidents were invited to General Conference and went to Church headquarters regularly. So, Frere Scheen knew President Monson and probably some other apostles - pretty cool! He worked for General Electric and did so many different things for them. He shared a cool story about tithing with me.

General Electric told him that they were going to be opening up a new branch in Belgium and they wanted him or another employee to open up the branch. So, they were both interviewed and told that they would receive a 10% bonus. After their interviews the other man told Frere Scheen, “don’t say yes yet, tomorrow we will ask for 15% bonus.” So, Frere Scheen went home and told his wife and she looked at him and said that 10% is your tithing - take the job! She also asked him what he would do with another 5% extra. He didn’t really know, so he agreed with her. He took the job and within a few months the company was so impressed by their work that they gave him another 10% bonus, and then another, and another! So, he was continually blessed because his wife helped him realize that 10% was his tithing money.  

Saturday we had a good time at John’s house - He is the member with the farm. We worked from about 11 am to 8 pm. What a glorious day, had so much fun doing hard manual labor. I honestly hated doing any sort of work before my mission, but now I really enjoy it. It is so rewarding to just see everything you accomplished after you are done. I was so sore the next morning though - holy smokes. Then, John invited us back over Sunday night to eat with his family and celebrate his daughter and father’s birthday! They are such a nice family. They are one of those very close knit families, so when you are with them, you feel like family as well. I love visiting them.

We went to the English speaking branch on Sunday to give talks and when we got there, there were two other missionaries there, who serve in France, and I guess thought the branch was in their area, but it is 100% not in their area. So, that was awkward!! I was the final speaker for sacrament meeting, but by the time it was my turn the meeting was over. President Jensen (our old stake president) used to say he never had time to finish any of his talks, and that is how I felt! So I didn’t think I was going to speak, but the stake President was there and told me I could take as much time as I wanted. I had to skip around in my talk and I read super fast, but I think it still went well. We only finished about 30 minutes after sacrament meeting is supposed to end. ;)

Other than that, the week was good. Elder Bell and I are getting along well. I seem to be the missionary companion that everyone can take a breath with. Elder Bell told me he has felt a lot of stress taken off his shoulders already since being with me. I am glad I can help others feel a little more comfortable. I am 100% against contention, so I try to create a very happy atmosphere for my companions, where they can be comfortable, but still excel. I suppose it is working!

Much Love,
Elder Molinari

P.s. Stephanie asked me to baptize her! I am honored! Heavenly Father is so good to his Children :)

Pictures:
Me with mustache
Another Sunset
Sunset with the moon






Me ruining my shoulders a little more


No comments