Powered by Blogger.

Bring Out Your Dead!

Hello Everyone,

Sorry, for the delay I am pretty sick right now and was sleeping most of the day yesterday. Anyone get the title reference? I'm not at that point yet - don't worry!

This week went by pretty slowly because Elder Johnson and I have been trying to fight off being sick. He won his battle, I lost mine! We did a lot of finding and meeting with members this week. The Bishop has been more than happy to give us the names of people who could use a little spiritual boost, so we have been pretty occupied with visiting them because it takes so long to travel around our area. It has been quite rewarding to visit with so many of these members, usually older, and to just let them talk. They all have very different life stories and love to share them with the missionaries! We have been reading the Book of Mormon at all of our visits and everyone enjoys it. There’s no better way to receive a spiritual boost than from one of the best sources of spiritual power!

Many of these older members are recent converts of 2-5 years and their understanding of the scriptures is very minimal. We have been able to discuss the teachings of the Book of Mormon with them and help them out a bit. We will continue to make these visits and to read the Book of Mormon, perhaps passages specific to their needs, or maybe we will just read. We have learned a lot about the needs of these dear members, and we want to try and help them in the best way we can - which happens to be using the Book of Mormon!

Usually, when you try and meet with members you have never met they are a little closed off at first. But, as soon as we begin to read the Book of Mormon they open up and we are able to really talk to them. I’m grateful for the Book of Mormon. There is no book on earth that I have read more than the Book of Mormon. There is a power that comes from the book. Everyone who reads it can feel that. If you are having a bad day or a rough week, or need a little comfort, you can open the book and just read and you receive the comfort you are seeking. How? I have no idea, but I know for me, the Book of Mormon has been a strong foundation of my testimony that I can stand on, and in many cases lean on. I’m grateful for said book, and I am grateful that it contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Without it we wouldn’t know about the Plan of Salvation, the means by which we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. Without it we wouldn’t know who we are, where we came from, and where we are going. The Book of Mormon answers all the questions of mortality. The Book of Mormon stands as a witness that Jesus is the Christ and that his church has been restored on the earth, and that the same power used by the prophets and apostles of old has been restored to the earth today. If the Book of Mormon is a true book, then everything else is as well. I know the Book of Mormon is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. I have prayed about it, many times, and I have testified about it, and I know that it is truly an inspired book given to us by the Lord.

My challenge for all of you is to read it and ponder the words of life found within. “I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.” That is just one promise given to us by the Lord, that if we ask, we will receive.

We met with our progressing investigator, Gaelle, this week. She is super awesome and very nice. We began teaching her the Plan of Salvation and it was pretty cool to see her reaction to it. The doctrine taught is something completely new to her. She comes from a Catholic background, and she was very interested in the premortal life and the fall of Adam. We are seeing her again on Thursday, so I look forward to finishing that lesson with her. We watched the video about life being like a play. How we are a main character in the play, but we have missed the first act, and that we need to study the script so we know what to do. But what is the script? Well it is the SCRIPTures of course! Study the scriptures and you will understand the play - you will understand your role! She has been reading the Book of Mormon and even asked if there were reference scriptures in the back of the Plan of Salvation pamphlet. It is quite the privilege to see someone get so excited about rediscovering a truth they were taught not so long ago! I’m looking forward to Thursday!

Ok, Voila, my email for this week. I hope through all of my coughs, runny noses, and tired head, that you got something out of this. Keep reading the Book of Mormon, keep Praying, Heavenly Father is there for you and he is cheering you on continually. Take comfort in knowing you are loved by him and he has a plan just for you!

Love you all as well,
Elder Molinari

No comments